Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I pledge...

I've seen several people take the Progress Pledge and decided I would give it a try.

I, _Trina _, pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear.   I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there. 
 
Really it shouldn't be that hard since I love sharing pictures of everything already.  You can visit R0ssie Blog for more information on the pledge and a list of other participants.

Right now I'm working on a sample for SewFlakes. I've been begging my boss for a while now to purchase more solids. Her "breaking point" was when I pleaded for the Bella solid jelly rolls from Moda and the Kona Solid charm packs from Robert Kaufman.  I swore that I would make the sample if she would just order enough to get started. Well the fabrics finally all arrived yesterday afternoon!



This is what I have so far. I'm only using one charm pack minus one of the squares. I'm not sure how big it will be because I haven't decided on the border yet. However, to make it useful I'm going to make it crib/toddler bed size, and put it away for my "hope chest". The last thing I need is (another) a purposeless quilt.

I was kind of hoping to get it finished tonight, but I lost momentum after Josh got home from work. Since I wasn't suppose to start anything else before finishing my grandma's apron I suppose this won't be done until this weekend., but either way it will be finished soon. I'm anxious to see the finished project, especially in real lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment