This is my first home developed recipe, and I love it. If you find any ways to improve please share!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8oz) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seaseme seeds
- 2 packages of steamfresh rice (or about 3-4 cups cooked rice)
- 1 shot brandy (optional)
- (If you are cooking your own rice make sure to start it before you start cutting your chicken so it is done in time.) Use kitchen shears to cut the chicken breast into 1/2" pieces and cook chicken in a lightly greased skillet. (It is best to cook it in a deep skillet so everything fits.) Once the chicken is fully cooked you may have to drain the excess oil/juices, and you can brown it further if you wish, be sure not to long because you want it to stay nice and moist.
- While your chicken is cooking make your sauce by mixing the honey, soy sauce, seseame seeds, juice from the pineapples, and the brandy. I usually mix it up in my measuring cup so that it is easier to pour around the chicken.
- After the chicken is cooked pour the sauce in the chicken along with the pineapple chunks, stir, and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. (It should sort of smell like it is on the verge of scorching. If that doesn't make sense then bring it to a full boil first then turn down to a low medium heat to simmer.) During this time cook the Steamfresh rice packs. I usually use one pack of plain rice and one package of the rice with vegetables.
- Once everything is cooked mix it together in the skillet, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally and serve. (The longer you let it simmer the more it will be like fried rice. I usually cook for the full 15 minutes up to 20 minutes so that it is still moist without being runny, but this is a personal preference. Just watch it and decided for yourself when to serve because everything has already been safely cooked.)
Cooked for about 3 minutes after rice was added, so it is still runny.