Friday, May 20, 2011

Awesome!

For those who already read my Facebook I'm sorry for the repeat....
Everyone else...
I'm so very super excited. This was double coupon week at Harps. I spent more than I thought. I'm not going to take the time to break it down completely because it gets boring watching someone display their grocery list!

Basically my weekly grocery budget is $120, and like most people this includes my hygiene stuff also.  This week I spent roughly $180!! However, I was able to purchase 3 weeks worth of groceries, and start little bitty stockpiles of a few things.  I added to my napkin stockpile since they were free! I probably have enough body wash to last well into the fall. I shouldn't need disinfectant wipes for 6 months, and I use them quite a bit. I shouldn't need unmentionable female items for the rest of the year. I also have a couple things to take to my parents that I received for free, but don't use.

I was a little sad about the amount I spent until I put all the items away, and rough sketched the menu. We will safely be able to eat a different meal each day for two weeks if we wanted, but since we usually have left overs of some sort we will definitely last through 3 weeks, maybe even an extra day or two! So that is about $60 a week, not including a few staples we will have to get on weeks two and three.  After looking at it like that I think this couponing thing is definitely awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment