Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Cooking

In the realm of the kitchen I've made a couple new dishes.

The first one was completely new to me because I've never cooked tilapia before. It was so easy. I just put this garlic lemon spice baked it until until the fish was nice and flaky. The squash was really interesting with that lemon combination on it, in a good way of course!

The second new to me recipe was the Chicken Parmesan from the Betty Crocker cook book. It was super easy to make. I was missing a couple key ingredients; the tomato sauce and the "proper" pasta. No sweat though, just make due with what you have so I used pizza sauce and lasagna pasta broken up into pieces. It was really good, and it only took about 35 minutes including prep time. I did learn that I should probably start cooking 3 or 4 chicken breast instead of just 2 because Josh ate his and half of mine.

I'm going to add these two new entrees to our menu list for sure, and now I'm even more inspired to use my cookbook. Do you have a favorite recipe or cookbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment