Friday, July 8, 2011

Striped Strips!

New Fabric? Um yes! The two print fabrics are Alexander Henry, and the solid is a Free Spirit piece. Aren't they delicious? In case you haven't had the chance to see the Free Spirit solid colors yourself let me tell you that they are absolutely wonderful. They are a great quality, an affordable price, and they come in the most interesting colors. It is kind of difficult to explain the colors that are available. Of course they are normal colors like pink, green, blue, etc. its just the hues are slightly "off" compared to the average solids so they are really fun and original.

Anyway, I was making a baby blanket sample that required 2 different yards of fabric and then about 3 yards in different sized trims. Instead of going through the hassle of picking out different ribbons I decided to use the Alexander Henry stripe fabric and just cut it up into different sizes (folding the raw edges to the underneath inside).

I really like how it turned out. I think it was a lot easier, less time consuming, and it worked just as well because the stripes are different enough.

There is a baby bag that goes with this, but I still don't have a good picture of it. I will post it along with pattern information as soon as I have it all put together at SewFlakes. The pattern is super easy, cute, and all together it only took about 2 hours to make, and about an hour to run to the store, 10 minutes away, to get what I forgot. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment