Friday, June 3, 2011

Key Lime Pie

My boss shared the easiest Key Lime Pie recipe ever!  So I made two pies, one for a co-worker's birthday and one for Josh. 

Key Lime Pie

Ingredients:
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cups of lime juice
graham cracker crust
whip cream

Directions:
Mix the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice, and then pour into the graham cracker crust. Let it set in the refrigerator for about an hour. Served cold with whip cream on top.

Hints:
*If you get the pie crust with "2 extra servings" you will need to add more milk and juice. 
*I made 2 pies and it took about 3 pounds of the quarter-sized limes to get 1 1/2cups of juice.


Also this week, I made a quick reversible table cloth using the Joel Dewberry "Aviary 2" bird print in black. It is a sample I made for the shop's Michael Miller Clubhouse that I'm participating in.  Josh and I don't actually have a dining room table or any other table that it can go on so I folded it in half and think it looks alright on the back of the couch.  I'm not sure that it will stay there, but it will definitely go on trial as soon as we are done using it in the shop.


This "Aviary 2" fabric is what I was hoping to use for the curtains in the living room. However, a lady came into the shop today and bought the last 8+ yards on the bolt so I'm either going to have to order it or wait to see if something else comes out that I like just as much.  I'm thinking I will probably wait since I have so many other projects going on anyway. Although, if anyone sees it for a really good price please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment