Friday, June 3, 2011

New Fabric!!! -Drawstring Studio


A week or two ago I saw a deal on Heartsy.me for Drawstring Studio fabric shop on Etsy. First, if you haven't found Heartsy.me then you need to visit this link and sign-up to get the deals! Second, Etsy is the place to buy and sell your handmade items.  I love Etsy so much, and am working towards opening my own shop in the near future.

So the Heartsy deal was for $30 worth of fabric from Drawstring Studio for only $14. At first I thought I was going to hold out for a cute elephant fabric I saw on their blog, but I quickly changed my mind when this fabric was listed!


I was able to get both yards of 54" home decor weight fabrics for only $14 thanks to the heartsy deal! My shipping was even covered. For people who don't necessarily look at decor weight it usually is more expensive than quilting cottons because of the weave and the width. If I had to guess it is usually more than $12 a yard, and even that is cheap. But Drawstring studio had one of the fabrics for $10 and the other for $11.50! Amazing! They even sent me a fat eight of a "MoMo" fabric, along with a coupon for 10% off my next order.  It is super awesome.  ...Maybe I will be able to get a little bit of the elephants later. (It will be a great "hope chest" fabric.)

Oh yeah, I'm going to use these fabrics for pillows on the couch. Soft, more comfy pillows. That is a project for later in the month though.

No comments:

Post a Comment